Monday 5 December 2016

Desire or just a Need

Sometime we take a pause & think about people whom we cared or still care much more then our existence. We often wish for a miracle to take away all the obstacles of our life & just like a fairy tale have a happy ending.

I wish things were that easy. There is a famous quote about friendship. A friend in "need" is a friend "indeed". "Need" ? I mean why only there has to be a need to prove friendship. I may not be available in somebody's good times but I make sure whenever they require any emotional support or if I am able to perceive they are not following the right path, I am there to help them, guide them the right path.

But nowadays as the world is becoming a competitive unit, I fail to see any individual who can think about others & doesn't carry the self-centric behavior. You are only appreciated till you are the need for the hour. Later, just like a used tissue paper you are dumped. 

"Please. help me to complete my task as the boss needs it within an hour". "Please stay over as I have my assessment tomorrow & I need to get a good grade in order to join the volley-ball team". "Please, lend me 100 dollars I need to take my girl friend for a date" etc etc. Though some of you might say, Oh ! these are just small tasks you do it for your "buddies" , But hey, I know what's going to happen next. the same set of people will deny your existence the very next moment you are through with their work. The same colleague of yours will deny your existence at the Christmas party, the same college friend would imitate you behind your back. 

Instead of being a door-mat, one needs to rise like a flower bathed in the fresh dew drops, spreading it's fragrance everywhere  & attracting the positive signs of life. Every time you can't just be a need for someone. Refrain yourself from those energy eating worms. It's good to have handful of people who really admire your skills, your behavior, who love you for who you are, who takes the initiative by sending you a short message appreciating you  & knowing about your whereabouts. Appreciate such people as they desire to have someone like you unlike others you just need you.



No comments:

Post a Comment